Aligners popularly known as clear aligners are new smile correction technology that helps in aligning the teeth and improving smile aesthetics. This orthodontic treatment is being considered as more convenient and comfortable as compared to traditional metal or ceramic braces for various reasons such as:
Aligners: Need, Cost and Time
- Transparent: Unlike metal braces, clear-aligners are transparent and therefore can be worn anytime, anywhere without feeling conscious.
- Removable: One can remove clear-aligners easily as per requirement making them handier than metal braces that are fixed.
- No Food Restrictions: With clear-aligners, patients can enjoy any kind of food and beverages without worrying about the effectiveness of the treatment as one can remove them while enjoying their food.
- Gentle: As clear aligners are made of medical grade strong plastic they are gentle on soft tissues of gums and cheeks.
- Oral hygiene: With clear aligners, patients can brush and floss easily by removing the aligners. Clear-aligners too come with a cleaning kit so one can maintain their oral hygiene as well as the aligners without much effort.
NEED: One can opt for clear-aligners if they are facing any of the dental problems listed below:
- Mal-aligned teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Poor bite
- Gaps between the teeth
Patients must discuss their dental problems with the dentist first and then narrow down to the best treatment available.
Cost and Time:
The cost of treatment trough clear aligners depends on the severity of the dental condition of the patient. Be it clear aligners or traditional metal braces the cost and time duration will vary for each and every individual depending on the dental problems for which they are looking forward to the treatment. With clear-aligners, the patients only need few sittings during the treatment process. However, the patients are advised to wear clear-aligners for at least 22 hours a day for achieving desired results.
Anyone who is suffering from mal-aligned teeth and wishes to improve their smile can surely opt for clear aligners for the many benefits they offer. In the modern world of selfies and social-media hype, why restrict yourself from having a radiant and confident smile when you have clear-aligners to your rescue!